MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 22 August 2013

Bees at Edwards Gardens




I'm a total sucker for shooting bees.  As soon as I see one it becomes a challenge to get a good photo.  Bees sit long enough to entice you into taking a photo, but rarely long enough so you get a good shot.  The key to getting a good shot, like people and animals, is to make sure the eyes are sharp, and the rest of the photo takes care of itself.  This last trip to Edward Gardens I was reasonably lucky, and got a few good shots in.

Like usual, I used the Nikon D600 with the Tamron 180mm f3.5 macro, which is an excellent combination, but as the depth of field is shallow, even at f11 on a full frame, it can get tricky.  So care, patience and plenty of room on the SD card is needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment