MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 22 April 2013

Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 - Ultra fast zoom




To be honest, this is one of the most exciting lenses I have seen come out in a while, and in fact I believe it is the fastest zoom lens ever made for APS-C or 35mm lenses.  The specs are incredibly impressive - constant f1.8 throughout the zoom range.  It is quite a large lens, from photos it seems the same or larger than a Nikon 17-55mm f2.8, and I am very interested to see what the price will be.  I'm betting it will be around $1000.

The only thing that remains to be seen is what the performance will be like, and if the recent Sigma 35mm f1.4 is anything to go by, it will be a knock out.  As a pairing to something like the Nikon D7100, it would be absolutely amazing.

McEwan Groceries - Don Mill Shops - Sony NEX5n with Sigma 19mm f2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment