MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 25 April 2013

Firmware updates




If there is one thing I find annoying it is firmware upgrades.  Today I had a few minutes so I decided to make an effort to do it.  Updating the Fuji and the Nikon D600 is not too bad.  Essentially all you have to do is download a file onto a blank memory card and put it in the camera.  The D600 has a couple of tricks that aren't obvious, but it is OK.   

 The Sony NEX procedure is long and tedious.  Unlike the other two, you need to plug the camera into a USB and follow the instructions.  While it does show you step by step, it is quite an involved process, which for me was delayed a couple hours by a moderately depleted battery that the process would not accept.             

Sony NEX 5n with Minolta Chiyoko 13.5cm f4

No comments:

Post a Comment