MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 25 March 2013

Sony NEX wide angle - Sigma 19mm f2.8 vs Voigtlander 21mm f4




A few weeks ago I snow shoe'd through the Serena Gundy Park and took both the Sony NEX 5n with the Sigma 19mm f2.8 and the Leica CL with the Voigtlander 21mm f4.  I decided to bring along my Leica M to NEX adapter and do a quick test on the  to see if I could see any difference between the two lenses.  I reasoned that I should use f5.6 on both lenses, as it was not the maximum aperture for both lenses, where performance would be weakest.

Just off centre, where I took these crops, the performance of both lenses at f5.6 is outstanding, easily out resolving the 16MP Sony sensor.  No difference, from what I can see.  A quick check of the outer areas of the photo also revealed no discernible difference.

Which leaves me with one conclusion, for $100, the Sigma 19mm f2.8 is a damn fine lens.

CROP - Sigma 19mm f2.8

Sigma 19mm f2.8

CROP - Voigtlander 21mm f4

Voigtlander 21mm f4

No comments:

Post a Comment