MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sigma 35mm f1.4 - First Impressions



Several days ago now my very kind, understanding and patient wife bought me a Sigma 35mm f1.4 lens for our 10th anniversary; but due to sickness, parties, anniversary plans and baby; I didn't get a chance to even get it out the box until earlier tonight.


This lens though is quite something; sharp (particularly in the centre), quick focusing and it has a beautiful bokeh.  It also looks the business as well.  Interestingly it is not as large as I thought it would be - about the same as a mid- range consumer zoom, but that glass does carry some heft. My first few shots around the house turned out great, and I really think this will be a favorite.



A shot slightly cropped.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It would be my choice as well, if I didn't already have a Canon version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its going to be a great lens. The Nikon is just way too much money for what it is.

    ReplyDelete