MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 4 February 2013

Downtown Mt Gambier and the Tokina 17mm f3.5 AF





The Tokina 17mm f3.5 AF is another lens that I had bought in preparation for full frame.  It has though had a little use on my DX cameras as it works quite well as a 24mm equivalent on this format.

In its native full frame scope, this lens works well.  Though the AF isn't fast, it still works fine, and lens sharpness is good, even wide open.  It does definitely improve stopped down though.  

All in all, I like this lens.  It is relatively compact at the performance is good.  If you come across one, buy it.

One of the more interesting things that my Dad and I did together was to go for a walk around downtown Mt Gambier with cameras in tow.  I took along the D600 with the Tokina 17mm, and it proved to be very useful.  Here's a few shots I came up with, none of which are cropped.

Mt Gambier Library


Mt Gambier Town Hall

Mt Gambier Cave Gardens


No comments:

Post a Comment