MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 17 November 2012

Sigma 35mm f1.4



One lens I am very intrigued with at the moment in the Sigma 35mm f1.4.  Although announced, shipping hasn't started and I can't find any reviews on the web.  If it's good, ie up to Nikon's excellent but expensive equivalent, I'm pretty keen to get one.  It is reasonably priced at around $900 - half that of the Nikon.  I love the 35mm focal length (one of the reasons I love the Fuji X100) and f1.4 is just a dream to shoot with.  I have the older Nikon 35mm f1.4 Ais manual focus, and while it is a nice lens, the quality at f1.4 bothers me, especially the weird bokeh.  It is still capable of producing good image, but I am hoping this Sigma will be a big step up.

Eaton Centre - Nikon D600 and Nikon 50mm f1.4 AF-D

No comments:

Post a Comment