MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 12 October 2012

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia




Sure it's not very 'pro', but a few weeks ago I took my Nikon D90 with the Nikon 18-200mm zoom on a family trip to Nova Scotia.  The thought was it would make a good travel camera - lots of zoom range, not too heavy and decent quality images.

In the end, I didn't use the camera a ton, except for a trip to Lunenburg and Peggy's Cove, where I took three quarters on the trip's shots.  Just as we got to Peggy's Cove, the sun was setting, and the evening light on the town, light house and surrounding rocks was absolutely incredible.  The result was that the photos were absolutely amazing.

It really highlighted to me that the capability of the camera isn't anywhere near as important as the capability of the photographer.  Getting the lighting, composition and subject right is far, far more important.



No comments:

Post a Comment