MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 17 June 2012

Auto Distortion correction on Fuji XPro-1


One thing I was disappointed to find out was that the X mount lenses for the Fuji XPro-1 rely on in camera distortion.  This is like micro four thirds lenses as well.  This means that as the camera must correct distortion, it therefore compromises sharpness, which to me is not a compromise I want to make.

This, however, got  me thinking - I wonder if the X-100 does this as well.  I'm not sure, and I don't know if the RAW files will be able to tell you.

Ottawa - Whispering Wall          Fuji X100

Ottawa          Fuji X100

1 comment:

  1. Love the first picture. Well composed.

    I think some RAW converters allow you to bypass the lens correction. Perhaps RAW Shooter Pro? Can't remember which ones. What p$@#$ me off is that they reduce cost of lenses by using software to correct, but not selling the lens cheaper. It's cheating in my book.

    ReplyDelete