MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Woodpecker


There's been a woodpecker that's lived close to our house for a while now, and as spring is here, he's out and about, making noise.  It's often hard to see woodpeckers, even if you can hear them, but today I managed to capture him with the D90 and Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 with a Nikkor TC 20II tele converter.  This shot is going to win exactly no prizes in the next National Geographic competition, but it was good to see him and get a shot in.  This shot is a very serious crop of the original.




While I had the camera out I shot a few other small birds, with similar results.






 It's for these sorts of shots that it is nice to have a long lens around, even if it doesn't get a ton of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment