MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 11 May 2012

Fuji X100 - New firmware upgrade



I just upgraded the Fuji X100 firmware to 1.21 as mine only had 1.1, about 4 updates old.  I was hoping for an improvement in close focus AF performance and manual focus responsiveness.  I did a quick trial this morning and found that while close focus AF performance is only marginally improved, the manual focus does work a lot better now.  Before turning the focus ring may not actually result in the focus changing, but now it always does and is fairly linear.  It is quite long throw, similar to a telephoto lens, but it does work properly now.

There are a couple of other improvements, like a lightly updated look for the menu and some other upgrades, but this MF focusing is what I have most noticed.

Graffiti Alley, Toronto - Fuji X100

No comments:

Post a Comment