MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Up in the Attic


Tomorrow I am shooting Romeo Ciolfi's latest play "Up in the Attic".  Most years I shoot the final dress rehearsal for Romeo, but this time is the first without the excellent D700 and 80-200mm f2.8 combination that I have had in the past.

This year I have to make do with the D90 and I am a little worried about light as the D90 is really only OK up to ISO 1600, and from there gets too noisy.  I am not really sure which lens I will use, but I have decided to take the 35mm f2 for general pre-performance portraits, and the Nikkor 85mm f1.8 and 80-200mm f2.8 along for the performance itself.  I suspect that the 80-200mm may be a little long, but I've decided to take it anyway.  The 85mm should be fine, but I won't be able to get close headshots with this lens.

I also taken a weird back up lens - the Nikkor 18-200mm VR.  I can use this lens for pre-performance stage shots at 18mm, and I am somewhat curious to see how it performs during the performance itself.  Sure I won't be able to isolate subjects as well, but VR will be good in low light.

Also in the bag is spare batteries, the SB-800 flash for pre-show portraits and the grip for the D90.  A complicating factor is that I recently injured my shoulder mountain biking, so I am wondering how I will be for shooting, especially with the heavy Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8.

To see "Up in the Attic" see times and location at http://www.studiosperanza.ca/

Here's some shots from "Born for This" from late 2010.







No comments:

Post a Comment