MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Lithium Batteries


Probably the biggest pain in the butt when buying a 1980s / 1990s film camera is whether they need Lithium batteries rather than plain old AAs.  They're still quite expensive and often the batteries cost as much as the value of the camera.  

Recently I picked up a Nikon F-601, which apart from the crappy auto focus, is actually quite a useful camera.  It meters with manual focus lenses, does spot metering, TTL flash metering and has an exposure lock - all very useful features.   But it takes the dreaded lithium batteries, so I am still deciding whether to out lay the $20 or so on a new battery, which is probably the value of the camera.


Sony NEX-3 with Voightlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton

This shot I used a big screen TV to create a background to highlight the beautiful orchids

No comments:

Post a Comment