MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 8 March 2012

Ansco large format camera



A few years back I had this bright idea that I would have a go at large format photography.  I bought an Ansco 5x7 camera body and then intended to buy a lens and film holders, but I never did.  The problem is the larger the format, the more hassle they are to operate, though the better the pictures become.  Compared to a 35mm camera, a medium format can take quite some getting used to, and the same goes for large format.  Recently I dug it out of our basement where it has sat there collecting dust for several years and decided to offer it up for sale.

Ansco does have an interesting history as it has strong connections to Agfa, despite being made in upstate New York.  There was even a digital Ansco camera released in the late 1990s. 

Apart from my Leica gear, I am moving towards being almost totally digital.  I sold Nikon FE2 recently due to lack of use, and so the only real film camera I now have that is younger than 40 years old is my Nikon F100.

Sony NEX-3 with Leica 50mm Summicron M

No comments:

Post a Comment