MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 4 February 2012

The Zeiss Werra


Recently I went the Camera Show at its new location at Don Valley and Eglinton in Toronto and saw a very unusual camera I’d never seen before called a Zeiss Werra.  It is a little interchangeable lens rangefinder with a leaf shutter and an in camera aperture.  All the lenses are Carl Zeiss, and only 3 were available – a 35mm f2.8 Flektogon, a 50mm f2.8 Tessar and a 100mm f4 Cardinar; all of which are supposed to be excellent.  I was offered 2 bodies (1 working the other for parts), all 3 lenses, a close up attachment (similar to a Leica Sooky-M) and some other accessories for $400.  The pricing was probably the top end of the value, but the whole set was there.

My idea was to use these Zeiss lenses on the NEX; but as the camera is rare, no adapters are available.  The other issue is that the aperture is built into the camera, so a camera would have to be dissected and converted into an adapter.  Fortunately this package came with a parts camera, but in the end I decided that the hassle was probably not worth it.

Kingston, ON - Sony NEX-3 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton

No comments:

Post a Comment