MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 13 February 2012

Voigtlander Bessamatic


Earlier in the year I helped out and elderly lady on our street sell her car as she could no longer drive.  As she knew I liked classic cameras, she gave me her Voigtlander Bessamatic as a gift.  The camera works fine, but could probably do with a CLA.  It is an interesting camera, being an SLR with a leaf shutter and interchangable lenses, mine coming with the 50mm f2.8 Skopar-X.  Interestingly, when new, this camera was available with the world’s first zoom lens, the Zoomar 35-70mm f2.8 constant aperture.  Impressive spec today, but truly amazing 55 years ago, and these lenses have become quite collectable today.

I haven’t shot with this camera yet, though I will admit to considering getting an adapter to try out the lens on a NEX.



This wooden giraffe was on a stand at the Antiques Markets in the St Lawrence Market area.  It must have stood 6ft high, but when it was perched on the sellers table, it literally toward over everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment