MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

In Camera stabiliser systems


One thing I admire about Pentax  cameras is the excellent in camera stabiliser system.  This allows all those ancient, but excellent Takumar lenses to know be stabilised!  Very cool!  My Dad bought a classic 55mm f1.8 and a 35mm f3.5 new in 1960 with his Pentax S3, and they are now stabilised on his K7 DSLR!  Sure Sony D-SRLs do this too, but the oldest lens you can put on it dates from the late 1980’s.

I really wish Nikon followed this system, as it would have allowed stabilisation on this shot that I took with a 1960’s Nikkor 200mm f4.


No comments:

Post a Comment