MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 28 December 2011

The year of waiting – Where’s the D800??


2011 was undoubtedly the year of waiting.  In June I sold my Nikon D700 as the used prices were very high as the tsunami in Japan had devastated supplies for Nikon’s pro cameras.   I decided to wait for the replacement, which most forums were tipping as September 2011.  A 3 month wait, I reasoned, was not a long one.   

Well, now it’s late December and the replacement still hasn’t arrived, though the current best bet is now mid to late January for launch, with likely availability 1-2 months after that.  If it isn’t too expensive (ie under $3000) I’ll probably buy the D800 replacement, though if it is much over this I’ll probably buy a used D700 again.


No comments:

Post a Comment