MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 29 November 2011

NEX philosophy


I absolutely love the Sony NEX, but I do have a problem with Sony’s philosophy on the camera.  Apart from the pancake 16mm and the newly released 50mm, any of the other E mount lenses are comparatively huge.  In my opinion, if you can’t pocket the camera, you might as well get a DSLR, which has better AF, is easier to hold and a nicer optical viewfinder.

Yonge Street, Toronto.  Sony NEX-3 with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4

The new Carl Zeiss 24mm f1.8 lens is meant to be amazing, but it’s 3 times bigger than the camera!  Same goes for the Sony 18-200mm.  I like that Sony has introduced a 50mm, but I think a 35mm (equivalent to a standard 50mm on full frame) in a small pancake like package would be better.  Something like Nikon’s excellent 35mm f1.8 would be perfect!

That’s why right now I have 2 systems – Nikon SLRs and Sony NEX / Leica.  Both perfect for different situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment