MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Superzoom Bird shooting


When I stayed in Cornwall a few weeks back, I saw this bird and shot him with the D90 and the Nikon 18-200mm, at 200mm. I wanted to keep the image quality as high as I could, so I used f8.  It came out fine (but certainly not pin sharp), and this image is a substantial crop from the original.

If you look carefully you can see some chromatic aberration (purple fringing) around the bird in the extreme contrast change from the light sky to the black bird, proof that even when shooting jpeg with Nikon lenses, the camera’s image engines don’t grab every optical anomaly.


No comments:

Post a Comment