MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 27 October 2011

Reversed Freelensing some African Violets



After trying freelensing with the Schneider enlarging lens on the NEX (see previous post), I then reversed the lens and shot these African Violets.  The results were also good, though I think a wider angle lens would have been better (though not many enlarging lenses are wider than 50mm)



About a week ago I posted this story about how I reversed my Voigtlander 35mm Nokton on the NEX, with great results.  At the time I didn’t realise it was called Reversed Freelensing!

A word of caution – be very careful with reversed freelensing as it is very easy to scratch the front element of your lens. Using a front filter when doing this is a good idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment