MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Nokton Performance


Like a lot of fast prime lenses the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.4 gets a lot better as you stop down.  At 1.4 it lacks some sharpness and the contrast is quite flat.  However at f5.6 the colours positively jump out at you.  The amazing colours of spring give the perfect opportunity to demonstrate this, and interestingly I had never noticed that there is this much difference until I shot this.  This is quite typical of lenses such as these, and also similar to my experience with the Nikon 35mm f1.4 Ai-S.

Sony NEX with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton at f5.6

Sony NEX with Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 Nokton at f1.4



No comments:

Post a Comment