MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Monday 17 October 2011

Little Dog


During a recent walk through Sunnybrook Park we saw this little dog enjoying the day.  Turned out he was quite the character and it was quite fun shooting him.  This series shows a range of different expressions and the shots go together well as a set.








These shots were all taken on the NEX with the Leica M Mount 90mm f4 Elmar and are significantly cropped from the original.  It is hard to quickly get perfect focus when using a manual focus telephoto lens on the NEX, especially when your subject is moving around a lot, as this little fella was.  Even with a quite moderate maximum aperture as this lens has, it still isn’t easy.  I also used ISO 800, and already at this setting, significant noise can be seen in these (cropped) pictures.



That’s one thing I am hoping the NEX-7 is better with.  I pre-ordered one earlier today through a contact at Future Shop, so I am looking forward to getting hold of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment