MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 21 October 2011

EVIL Exposure


One thing I really like about EVIL camera’s is that what you see is what you get (WYSWYG).  You can judge exactly what you are shooting BEFORE taking the photo.  You might have a good idea on a DSLR about what adjustments to make after the first shot, but not always before.

With this shot I could see that the metering was way over exposing the leaves, so I turned it on to manual and adjusted the shutter speed up until the leaves were correctly exposed.  I purposely underexposed the leaves a bit as I wanted the colours to ‘pop’ as much as possible, and not washed out.  As I was doing the adjustments I could see the effect they were having on the screen, then shot the picture when I was happy with the result.


In other news, it turns out that the rumoured delay on the NEX-7 caused by the floods in Thailand is true.  Looks like I will get my camera in late November.

No comments:

Post a Comment