MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Wedding Planning


Today we’re going to a wedding downtown and I am trying to figure out what camera and lens combo to bring.  Occasionally I get asked to shoot weddings; and no matter what status I am attending as, I always take my camera along.  

If I have been asked to shoot, I’ll usually take along my DSLR with a fast zoom or prime, a wide prime and maybe a tele (ie Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 or Nikon 50mm f1.4, Tokina 17mm f3.5 and Nikon 85mm f1.8).  If I have been asked to take candids I will mainly use some sort of tele lens or even a super zoom (ooooh sacrilege!).  

Nikon D2X with Nikon 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 and Nikon SB 800 flash

Today I am just a guest, so I am seriously contemplating taking a Leica.  They are an artsy couple, so I think they will appreciate some photography on a more traditional medium.  However, I do this with trepidation as every time I have take a film camera to a wedding, something goes wrong....like the time when the film ripped in half in the Hasselblad during the middle of the ceremony.  Not nice.

The other thing I worry about is manual focus.  AF cameras get spot on focus almost instantly, but it takes a few seconds to get right on a MF lens, which often means the shot has long gone.

Nikon D700 with Nikon 50mm f1.4 and Nikon SB 800 flash


This time my plan is to take the Leica M3 with Leica 50mm and 90mm Summicrons, and a Voigtlander wide, probably the 21mm.  I might also throw the NEX in as well.  So let’s hope all goes well!

Nikon D90 with Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 and Nikon SB 800 flash

No comments:

Post a Comment