MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 25 September 2011

Nikon 18-200mm VR II test – Kids at the Plowing Match


After staying in Cornwall for the night, I drove to Hawkesbury and attended the International Plowing Match, a large agricultural fair that reminded me very much of the annual Lucindale Field Days that we attended when we were kids.

This is probably my favourite photo from the event – two children in a John Deere cart being pulled along by their father.  I LOVE the John Deere cart.  When our little one comes, that will definitely be an early purchase!

Even though this lens isn’t pin-sharp at 200mm, it isn’t bad, and really no different to most consumer tele-zooms.  What it does do is give you the extra range to grab quick candids like this one.  


 Footnote - I know I am going to be chastised by my Australian brethren for this, but I have chosen to spell the above as plow, not plough, as that is the official name of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment