MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 23 September 2011

Nikon 18-200mm VR II test – Cornwall border crossing


This week was the first time I really got to try out the Nikon 18-200mm VR II.  My initial impressions viewing off the screen weren’t that favourable.  It certainly isn’t a macro lens in terms of sharpness, but certainly the zoom range is handy for an all in one lens.  The VR also seems to work as advertised, but it doesn’t perform miracles - you’re still not going to get a sharp photo at 1/15th second at 200mm zoom setting.



However, when I got the photos home and loaded them on the computer I was more pleased.  Sure it’s not sharp like a macro, but colour rendition is nice and the overall look to the photo is pleasing.



During the week I stayed in Cornwall for business and snapped some shots around the town.  Cornwall is dominated by the large bridge that is Ontario’s most eastern border crossing into the US, and I got there just as the nice evening light was approaching.




No comments:

Post a Comment