MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Saturday 6 August 2011

NEW YORK #1 – The City that never sleeps


About 3 years ago my wife and I spent 4 days in New York.  For me it was the first time and I loved it.  There’s so much to see and do, and so much to photograph.  So here’s a short series of what I saw.


They say that New York is the city that never sleeps; and while that is true of almost all big cities, New York has a buzz that doesn’t seem to stop.  I wanted to capture that in an image, so I used the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 on the Nikon D2X and shot from my waist as we walked around the streets at night.  I used relatively low shutter speed to create lots of blur, which gives the impression of movement, speed and vitality.

I ended up printing these photos as 6”x4” prints and making them into much larger collage and put it into a frame.  The finished product took the “People’s Choice” award at the “Art of Stone” Exhibition in Toronto later that year.










No comments:

Post a Comment