MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 7 July 2011

Mt Gambier Sunset

Every so often I go back to Mount Gambier in South Australia where my parents live.  The interesting thing about the town is that an extinct volcano lies on the south side of town and dominates the skyline.  In the centre of the volcano is the Blue Lake, which remarkably turns from a murky grey blue in winter to a brilliant sky blue in summer.  Scientists believe it is because the sunlight reacts with special algae in the water.

My parent’s house is on the side of the volcano, and one of the things to do is walk around the perimeter of the volcano rim, which is about 4km.  On a walk a couple years ago I shot these beautiful sunsets, one on the trail and the other overlooking nearby farmland.  A very pleasant place to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment