MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Thursday 16 June 2011

Spin


To me, one of the coolest things about photography is the latitude to experiment and discover.  

I had purchased an old Nikon F body and decided to play with it.  As they are they are almost industructable I decided to try a spin photo to create circular movement.  I tipped our lawn mower on its side and placed the camera on it.  I set the used another camera to meter, set the shutter speed to 1 second, released the self timer and gently spun the wheel.  Depending on where the camera is placed on the wheel, the pivot point will show up in a different spot.

The results for me have a little too much blur as it is hard to make out what you are seeing (tree tops).  In the centre point you can make out leaves (it doesn’t travel as far) however the outer pints are very blurred.


The second spin picture I just rotated the camera 90 degrees, trying to keep the centre point as the middle of the life buoy.  My hand is not 100% steady, as can be seen from the wobbly light trails, but I like how the circular theme of the buoy is built on by the circular blur. It's better than the first shot as there is not too much blur to distort the original photo. This shot was taken on the D90 when we were on our Dominican holiday and the buoy is right next to the swimming pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment