MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Perfect over exposure

Sometimes wild over exposure ain’t  a bad thing.   

I decided to shoot the first hibiscus flower of the year with the NEX and Voigtlander 35mm.  On manual exposure you can see what you are getting before you shoot, and I liked this photo way better when over exposed by 3 stops than when shot at the correct exposure.  A totally different look and feel is created, on what would otherwise be a boring photo.



Here's one I shot a few frames earlier, exposed correctly.

The only thing I don't like about the over exposed picture is I prefer the deep red of the petal leaves in the original.  Interestingly though the red stamen did not experience a colour shift.


No comments:

Post a Comment