MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Ottawa Hibiscus


Last year when I was staying in Ottawa for work I noticed the hotel I was staying at had some great hibiscus plants in bloom.  Hibiscus flowers are often shot, but rarely done well.  This shot is nice, but pretty boring.


I decided I was going to incorporate the flower into the surroundings for something different.
To get the biggest impact, I looked around for street life.  The bus and bus shelter on a damp day worked in well, and I set the aperture to f5.6 so the viewer could see what it was, but not dominate the subject (the hibiscus).  Being right at minimum focus distance also meant I needed to stop down significantly to include any sort of background.  Certainly much more interesting than the first shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment