MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Montreal Nuit Blanche #1 – Peace Out

For our 7th anniversary last year, my wife and I went to Montreal for the weekend.  Totally unplanned, we found that Nuit Blanche was on and decided to take a look around.  My favourite was this guy (Phil Allard) who was making up a giant peace sign with tiny Chinese characters and some unidentified squiggles.  Very cool!  It also made for some great shots with the Nikon D700 and a Nikon 50mm f1.4 AF lens.



This wide angle shot was taken with a Tokina 17mm f3.5 AF prime.  This lens is hard to find, but is actually pretty good.  Size wise its half way between the rather large Sigma wides (12-24mm and 20mm f1.8) and the dwarfish Nikon 20mm f4.



No comments:

Post a Comment