MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Friday 10 June 2011

Half a House

This is quite a typical picture of ruins in rural Australia.  The small, old stone house with a windmill near by is common.  What is unusual is that half the house is completely gone, while the other half is still standing quite nicely.  I have absolutely no idea why.  This shot was taken right on the Victorian / South Australian border, just south of the tiny community of Donovans on the Glenelg River.

When I was growing up on the farm in rural South Australia we also had ruins on our property.  All that was standing was an old chimney, but a walk around the immediate area, you could clearly make out the walls of the building which had long since fallen into piles of rubble.


No comments:

Post a Comment