MISSION:

Snapshot Voyager is about my own personal photography journey. I am always looking to try something new, inquisitive as to how it works, and to the end results I might achieve.

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Sky Shooter

Have you ever visited relatives or in laws and been, well....bored?  Luckily enough my mother in law allowed me to excuse myself to her garden with my camera and let me be for a while.  So I borrowed the garden table and a vase and went to work.  What was amazing about that day was the fascinating clouds, and I thought they would make a great back drop with some flowers from the garden.


The camera and lens combination I took along that day was a little unusual - a Nikon FE2 with a 35-70mm f2.8 AF lens.  AF???  I hear you say.  Yep, actually the AF and AF-D lenses work really well on the older manual focus cameras, and this one is no exception.  This lens is also very sharp and has a macro function at 35mm which allows you to get quite close.  I actually can't remember what film I used, but it would have been one of the better ISO 100 colour negative films - certainly the colour saturation was quite extreme, no doubt helped by the polariser.


I found though that if I wanted to get both clouds and flower in focus I had to get back away, use f22 and then shoot.


The results actually turned out better than I expected, so I really have to thank my mother in law for her patience with her antsy son in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment